Vision and mission
“By fostering discovery science we increase the likelihood of major scientific insights and significant adult health outcomes.”
The Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute’s (CHIRI’s) vision is to identify new prevention and treatment strategies for adult diseases by supporting researchers prepared to think beyond existing paradigms.
CHIRI’s mission is to:
- host medical researchers prepared to explore novel ideas that may give new insight into the causes, prevention or treatment of adult diseases;
- provide stability of resources to research projects that are not tied to short-term wins and competitive grants success. We support our medical researchers to explore the unexplored, take risks and think outside the box;
- nurture new ideas and support innovation. By fostering discovery science we increase the likelihood of major scientific insights and significant adult health outcomes;
- build strong academic and clinical partnerships to rapidly translate our findings to the medical and general community; and
- provide a vibrant and multi-disciplinary research training environment for the next generation of medical scientists, and encourage them to pursue new insights that will lead to big outcomes.